Good morning and Happy New Year. I hope all of your dreams and wishes come true in 2017. Midweek tease is a blog hop open to anyone who would like to join. At the moment, it consists of nine authors who present a snippet of a book for your enjoyment each week. The styles, tastes, and heat levels vary, but there’s always something to read and enjoy. Thanks go to Angelica Dawson for continuing to host the blog again this year. Without her, this blog hop wouldn’t be possible.
This morning, I would like to tease from Just For the Weekend, my novel included in the new bundle from Crimson Romance, entitled, Hot For The Teacher, which includes 10 contemporary stories. Here is the blurb:
Reading, writing, and ‘rithmetic aren’t the only subjects these ten passionate couples explore in this fun digital romance bundle. But are their relationships strong enough to make the grade? Turns out love doesn’t always follow a lesson plan. . .
- The Professor’s Secret: English professor Claudia Manchester secretly writes spicy romances under a pen name to keep her side job under wraps till she’s secured tenure. But when she meets historical romance writer Bradley Davis while dressed as her sexier alter ego at a conference, can they build love on lies?
- Just for the Weekend: Multimillionaire Sam Mason is sick of gold diggers. When he meets role-playing kindergarten teacher Cleo James at a sci-fi convention in Vegas, she seems like the real thing. Then – surprise! – he wakes up married to this sexy stranger . . . only to find Cleo has vanished. Is he looking for a swindler or the love of his life?
- Probabilities: Bubbly were-lynx Tizzy Sands planned to teach kindergarten, eventually marry, and start a family. But cancer changed that goal, and she’s now determined to take down the nefarious Nexus Group – and steer clear of any romantic involvements. Quinn Arons’s genius IQ makes him the least socially skilled were-lynx in the colony, but he might just be the man to show Tizzy there’s more to life than saving their world.
- In the Shadow of Evil: After ten years with Maryland’s Special Crime Unit, very little rattles Jared McNeil. Then his nemesis resurfaces, with his sights set on Jennie McKenzie, the fifth-grade teacher and face from the past that Jared is honor bound to protect, no matter what.
- Between the Sheets: The Western Washington Choral Directors’ annual retreat is the perfect setting for music teacher Maggie Schafer to turn over a new leaf in her love life, but a pretend romance with handsome Randy Devers gets surprisingly real.
- The Look-Alike Bride: High school gym teacher Leonie Daniel leads a double life, often standing in for her glamorous older sister who works as a government agent. All Leonie has to do this time is spend a few weeks in Zara’s lakeside cabin near Hot Springs, Arkansas, behave like Zara, and avoid Adam Silverthorne, the man her sister is interested in. But now Adam is falling for Leonie . . . or is he?
- The Marrying Kind: Professor Jane O’Hara takes a sabbatical to follow her bliss to a horse farm. She doesn’t expect to find it with the owner’s son, Mark Hannon – but their connection is sudden and sizzling. Will their pasts prevent them from having a future?
- The Gettysburg Vampire: Ghosts are a popular draw in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, so college student Abby Potter takes advantage of the phenomenon by inventing a vampire folktale for the annual holiday production. Problem is, her leading man – a history professor at the college and a renowned Civil War re-enactor – is a little too convincing in the role.
- Winter Fairy: Recuperating ballerina Penelope Glazier can enchant the young girls in the Fairy Dreams class she teaches, but will her magic work on Carson Langley, the sexy but straight-laced single father of her most talented student? Or will she dance out of their lives when her big break arrives?
- Inventing Sin: English professor Gabriella Kurtz tells her colleagues she’s dating the perfect guy: big, masculine but gentlemanly, and capable of mind-blowing sex all weekend. Problem is, he’s not real . . . until ex-military man Duncan Sinclair enters the picture, posing as an accomplished academic to take down a terrorist.
Sensuality Level: Sensual
Here is your tease from Just For The Weekend:
Cleo followed Mitch into the convention hall packed with hundreds of people in various alien costumes, and allowed some of the excitement in the air to calm her fears. She recognized outfits from various sci-fi movies and television shows, as well as others straight out of the video game world. There were several Orion slave girls in a variety of shapes, shades, and sizes, and Cleo saw the not-so-friendly glares she got from them—especially when one of their male friends stared admiringly at her. She nodded in return and chuckled when one girl gave the guy she was with a jab in the ribs.
She tried to keep up with Mitch who barreled across the room as if she were in a speed-walking race. Barefoot as she was, conscious of the icky, sticky carpet, Cleo moved slowly to avoid stomping boots and heels. She’d almost made it to the promised land of booth security when a giant, in snake-like make-up and the dark gray leather and chainmail associated with the Cardassians, grabbed her arm. He spun her around quickly.
“Hey, let go of my…” Her angry words died on her lips.
“What have we here?” He eyed her hungrily. “Are you lost, my pretty little slave girl?”
Familiar chocolate eyes pierced hers, and she couldn’t think straight. His whiskey-smooth voice caressed her; his touch ignited a fire along her spine. Realizing what he’d said, she searched for an answer.
“Lost? No, I got separated from my Klingon friend. She’s over there.”
She pointed to the publishers’ autograph area where Mitch stood.
“Then allow me to escort you safely to her.”
Holding her close to him, he ushered her across the congested convention floor. He bowed to Mitch and gave the Cardassian salute.
“I believe she’s yours, but I’m entitled to a reward for coming to her assistance.”
He smiled wickedly before pulling Cleo into his arms and capturing her mouth with his.
Cleo held herself rigid, but the kiss poured liquid fire through her. Of their own volition, her arms wrapped around his neck both to hold her upright and to encourage the incredible sensations to continue. His mouth devoured hers as if she was his last meal. She’d been kissed before, but never like this. When he slowly pulled away, she was breathless. She read desire in his eyes.
“Later, my Orion beauty.” He turned and walked away, disappearing into the crowd.
“Who the hell is that?”
“I have no idea.” Cleo reached for Mitch’s blue-tinted Romulan ale and drained the glass.
Want to read more? Reserve your copy today. Less than a USD for 10 complete novels! The bundle will be available January 9, 2017.
You can also pick up Just For The Weekend in one of the following bundles available now
Not a fan of bundles? Just For The Weekend is also available alone:
Thanks for dropping by. Now please check out the rest of this week’s teasers.
This list will close in 18 hrs, 48 min (1/4/2017 11:59 PM North America – Mountain Standard Time)