This is my stop during the Wingmen Warriors blog tour by Catherine Mann. This blog tour is organized by Lola’s Blog Tours. The blog tour runs the whole month May, weekdays only. You can view the complete tour schedule on the website of Lola’s Blog Tours: http://www.lolasblogtours.net/blog-tour-wingmen-warriors-by-catherine-mann/
Catherine has offered us a little insight in what it’s like to be on the move in the military.
Funniest/Worst Military Move
By Catherine Mann
Our family moved nine times in eighteen years. We’re pros at packing! And we also learned early on not to get too attached to anything. We were leaving Wurtsmith AFB in Michigan to move to Minot AFB in North Dakota. Wurtsmith was closing so the mass exodus had left the government scraping the bottom of the barrel for moving companies. We clearly got those final scrapings.
At the time, we had a three bedroom home on base, full of furniture for a family of four, with a baby on the way. Our first sign all was not well? The moving company showed up with what appeared to be a small U-Haul truck.
My four year old took one look at it and pronounced, “Our stuff’s not gonna fit in there.”
My preschooler was right.
So the company arranged for a second truck. Once we arrived in North Dakota, they showed up with one shipment and vowed there wasn’t a second. Half of our furniture/clothing/dishes/LIFE was missing.
It took a month to track down the other truck – parked in a guy’s garage as he waited for a gig out west and a “reason” to gas up his truck for the drive. But at least our furniture was on the way. We would soon have our dining room table (a family heirloom) – not to mention our washer and dryer!
The truck arrived. The dents in the washer and dryer, the torn boxes, the missing items were minor irritants in comparison to the moment the movers carried my dining room table out. The legs had been broken off so the table top would fit inside the truck.
Yes, broken. Cracked off, with jagged edges.
My rage had built to the boiling point. I launched off my front porch. Luckily, my husband caught me in mid leap with a well-placed arm hooked around my waist.
That Thanksgiving, we ate on a blanket on the floor in our dining room. We had our repaired table back in time for Christmas. The kids thought the Thanksgiving meal was cooler though.
Their joy in the moment showed me that I didn’t need an heirloom table to make happy holiday memories. I had something far more valuable. My family.
Question for commenters: Have you moved around a lot? Or have you lived in one area for most of your life?
Leave your comment at the end of the post!
About Catherine’s Wingmen Series:
So far the Wingmen series contains 14 books: https://www.goodreads.com/series/42048-wingmen-warriors
Grayson’s Surrender (Wingman Warriors #1) and Taking Cover (Wingman Warriors #2)
by Catherine Mann
Genre: Contemporary Military Romance
Age category: Adult
About the Book:
See how it all started with the first two books in Catherine Mann’s RITA Award winning “Wingmen Warriors” series!
GRAYSON’S SURRENDER: Flight Surgeon Grayson Clark and NGO worker Lori Rutledge shared a passionate summer full of promise and ultimately heartbreak. After his turbulent childhood, Grayson knows well he’s ill-equipped to offer Lori the security she craves. But Grayson can’t escape Lori’s allure when they’re paired on a military rescue operation to an overseas orphanage. When one heart-tugging orphan charms her way into Lori’s life and Grayson’s heart, Lori and Grayson discover a new understanding of family – and a free-falling surrender to love.
TAKING COVER: Battle lines are drawn when Flight Surgeon Kathleen O’Connell temporarily grounds Captain Tanner Bennett from flying combat. No way does Tanner plan to watch his crew from the sidelines. Not that he has a choice, thanks to by-the-rules Kathleen and his ground duty assignment to investigate a crash. When Kathleen is teamed with him in the investigation, they’re both diving for cover as they battle an attraction ready to detonate!
You can find this 2-in-1 book Grayson’s Surrender and Taking Cover here on Goodreads:
You can buy this 2-in-1 book Grayson’s Surrender and Taking Cover here:
You can also buy them separately. Grayson’s Surrender:
Here’s What People Are Saying About These Novels:
Here are some review quotes:
This is Grade ‘A’ writing at it’s finest.” –Escape to Romance
- “Catherine Mann is a shining star with her Wingman Warriors … right up there with Suzanne Brockmann and Lindsay McKenna!” –Reader To Reader Reviews
- “Catherine Mann is a major talent…Don’t miss out on her first books and the start of a series that will have romance readers enthuse over a bright new star. ” –A Romance Review
- “Catherine Mann’s first novel in the “Wingmen Warriors” is a must-read … written with sophistication, vitality and depth.” –The Best Reviews
- “Catherine Mann has masterfully created very real characters and placed them in a deeply emotional conflict in GRAYSON’S SURRENDER, a warm story about the birth of a family.” –Romantic Times 4 stars
- “Hot damn! The Air Force is flying into town on the wings of Catherine Mann’s fabulous new series, Wingmen Warriors… Get ready to lose your hearts to these men who pack a powerful punch to your emotions.” –Reader To Reader Reviews
- “A powerfully told tale that all readers will treasure, GRAYSON’S SURRENDER comes very highly recommended.” –Word Weaving
- The launch of the Wingmen Warriors series, GRAYSON’S SURRENDER starts off with rip-roaring vivacity and ends with an entirely satisfying conclusion, complete with emotionally touching pages in between. –Romance Reviews Today
- “Catherine Mann’s impeccable knack for creating explosive situations, passionate encounters and combining them in the fascinating military world make her an author that you will not want to miss!” –The Romance Reader’s Connection
- “Grab it up as fast as you can because it’s a keeper.” –Escape to Romance Reviews
- “A dangerous mission and a passionate romance! TAKING COVER is a worthy addition to Ms. Mann’s series and one that I thoroughly enjoyed.” –The Word on Romance
- “For an exciting book with true-to-life characterization, TAKING COVER is an experience not to be missed!” –Romance Reviews Today
USA Today bestseller Catherine Mann and RITA Award winner, Catherine writes contemporary romance for Berkley, Harlequin, and Sourcebooks, With over two million books in print in more than twenty countries, she has also celebrated five RITA finals, three Maggie Award of Excellence finals and a Bookseller’s Best win. A former theater school director and university instructor, she holds a Master’s degree in Theater from UNC-Greensboro and a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts: Theater (with minors in both English and Education) from the College of Charleston. Catherine and her flyboy husband live on the Florida coast where they brought up their 4 children – and still have 5 four-legged, furry “children” (aka pets). Catherine is an active volunteer with her local Humane Society, serving on their Board of Directors and fostering puppies and special needs dogs (she stopped counting at a hundred). She recently checked off a major item on her “bucket list” by completing the hands-on training for the Florida State Animal Rescue Coalition. Catherine enjoys hearing from her readers and can be found online daily. To receive an autographed bookmark, send a SASE to: P.O. Box 6065, Navarre, FL 32566
You can find and contact Catherine here:
– Website: http://www.catherinemann.com/
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CatherineMannAuthor
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/catherinemann1
– Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/catherinemann/
– Newsletter: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CatherineMann_News/
There is a giveaway on each blog for 1 copy of winner’s choice either Rescuing Christmas (“Home for Christmas”) or Love Bites (“Dog Tags”). US & Canada only. Answer Catherine’s question and leave a comment with your email and book choice to be eligible to win your prize.